Oklahoma Sports Betting: Everything You Need To Know
Trying to bet on sports can be such a frustrating thing in the U.S., and it’s even worse in the state of Oklahoma. Attempts at legalizing sports betting have been met with legal disputes at every step of the process, and the Native American tribes and state government can’t seem to come up with an agreement.
This has had a profound effect on Oklahoma residents, as it’s the second biggest tribal gaming state in the U.S., only behind California. Will the state government and tribes ever come to an agreement? In the eventuality that Oklahoma sees legalized sports betting, this article will prepare you and give you everything you need to know about online sportsbooks.
Online Sports Betting in Oklahoma
Here is a list of betting site that offers the best DFS and horse racing experience:
How Online Sports Betting Works in Oklahoma
Will Oklahoma Sports Betting Ever Launch?
Currently, it’s looking bleak.
There have been many attempts to make betting legal in Oklahoma ever since back in 2005. Governor Kevin Stitt has revived discussions to make sports betting legal, but the Comanche and Otoe-Missouria tribes have been battling against it.
Hopefully, within the next 5 years, we can see some progress that will see residents of Oklahoma state able to gamble freely.
How To Bet On Sports
Betting is not currently legal in the state, but there are workarounds. You could use a VPN and deposit via cryptocurrency (for added security). That would allow you to bet even if you live in Oklahoma. Many millions of Americans do this to get around strict regulations in their respective states.
- Create a free account at our recommended sportsbooks
- Make sure your account is fully verified
- Make your first deposit with your welcome bonus
- Browse the selection of sports and choose what you want to bet on
- Make sure the odds are valuable enough to bet on
- Enter the amount you want to wager
- Place your bet and have fun!
What Can You Bet On Right Now in Oklahoma?
- American Football
- Australian Rules
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey
- Motor Sports
- Rugby Union
- Virtual Sports
What Bets Are Available at Oklahoma Sportsbooks?
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are the very basic foundation of sports betting – you’re predicting who will win the match fair and square. For example, betting on Oklahoma City Thunder moneyline would mean you predict them to win.
- Over/Under: Over/Under bets are more appropriate for when you’re not so sure who will win. Here, you’re betting on how many points, downs, runs, or goals there are in a match. If it’s a closely contested match between two teams, over/under bets might be more appropriate.
- Point Spread: Point spread bets are for when you’re more sure of who will win, and the moneyline bet is not valuable enough. Point spread bets typically look like +-5.5. A bet of +5.5 means that a team has to be within 5 points of the other team, and a bet of -5.5 means the team has to beat the other by 6 or more points.
- Prop Bets: Prop bets are the most unique and fun bets out there, as they encompass everything literally. If you feel like someone’s going to score a touchdown, you can bet on that. Do you think LeBron James is going to get a triple-double? There’s a prop bet for that too.
Taking Advantage of Bonuses and Rewards
- Welcome Bonus: Welcome bonuses are something that almost every single sportsbook has. It’s a big welcome package that is usually quite lucrative to boost your initial account balance when you make your first deposit.
- Reload Bonus: Reload bonuses are ways that online sportsbooks try to keep you depositing at their website. These can look something like a 50% reload bonus up to $100 so that you can still get boosts to your account balance after your welcome bonus.
Oklahoma Sports Betting Laws
Seeing as sports betting historically has one of the lowest profit margins when it comes to gambling, it seems as if the tribes aren’t particularly interested in getting it legalized anytime soon. The dynamic between the tribes and the state government has proven complicated in every aspect when it comes to online gambling and sports betting.
Technically, sports betting is permitted under the jurisdiction of the tribes and their casinos according to Oklahoma law, but of course, the state wants a cut of revenues, which is one of the primary sources of conflict.
Talks will most likely resume in February 2021, and that’s just the beginning. If we are to see any progress on the state of legal sports betting in the state, it will most likely be in 2022 and on.
Oklahoma Sports Betting FAQ
Is Sports Betting Legal in Oklahoma?
No, it isn’t currently, and we’re unsure of when it will be legal.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Legally Bet in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma follows the federal guidelines when it comes to gambling, so you’d have to be 21 to legally bet.
Is There a Way to Bet on Oklahoma Teams?
If you use a VPN, then yes, you can access online sportsbooks and bet online normally.
Final Word on Oklahoma Sports Betting
The state of legal sports betting in the state is very confusing for the average citizen. For those who just want to gamble and place bets in peace, it can be even more frustrating that there is such conflict between the tribes and the state government.
If you follow our steps above and use a VPN to access sportsbooks, citizens of the state of Oklahoma can still place bets online. Although it is up to your discretion as technically it is not allowed.
When sports betting becomes fully legal, this guide will help all those looking to get started!