Tennessee Sports Betting
Being a resident in Tennessee feels pretty good right now if you’re an avid sports lover. As of November 1, 2020, sports betting has been legalized in the state, and all bettors and gamblers can enjoy an enhanced sports viewing experience!
We can thank the governors, senate members, lawmakers, and the Tennessee Education Lottery corporation for their efforts to legalize sports betting in the state. The Tennessee Education Lottery has a deep history in Tennessee with handling funds and revenues generated from lottery tickets, where all the funds go to boosting public education services in the state. A great win-win cause for all involved.
It can be confusing for new bettors to find the right information when there’s so much out there on the Internet, and seeing as the American population has been deprived of sports betting for so long, it only makes sense. This article will go through every single little detail you need to know if you’re looking to start sports betting in Tennessee. Find out what sports you can bet on, which teams, how to bet on them, which sportsbooks are the best, and more!
Online Sports Betting in Tennessee
How Online Sports Betting Works in Tennessee
Will Tennessee Sports Betting Ever Launch?
Yes, sports betting in Tennessee is now legal, and you can enjoy sports betting today! Tennessee sports betting had a Nov. 1 launch, with many counting down the days until the launch date. Since licenses have been handed out, there are four main sports betting operators in the state:
- Fanduel Sportsbook
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- Tennessee Action 24/7
What’s great about being able to bet in the state is that the revenue generated from your bets directly makes an impact on your surrounding community. Although the process is way more complicated and multi-faceted, you can say that every bet you make goes into funding your public schools. That way, Tennessee bettors can feel good about enjoying themselves.
How To Bet On Sports
With the launch of sports betting in the state, it’s important that new bettors and veterans alike know exactly how to place a bet so that everything is streamlined and you won’t feel confused when you sign up for a sportsbook.
- Check out our sportsbook recommendations and see if they’re right for you
- Create an account at your chosen sportsbook
- Make sure all your details are correct, and you’ve fully verified your account (this is required before you deposit most of the time)
- Deposit your money and make sure you apply that welcome bonus!
- Browse the available selection of sports and competitions and select what you want to bet on
- Enter the amount you wish to stake
- Place your bet and cross your fingers!
Which Tennessee Casinos Have Sportsbooks?
Currently, it doesn’t seem as if any brick and mortar locations offer sports betting, but there are plenty of Tennessee sports betting apps from licensed operators. These operators are the same as above (Fanduel Sportsbook, BetMGM, DraftKings Sportsbook, Tennessee Action 24/7).
We can expect to find brick and mortar locations in the future, definitely! It is a requirement for legal sports betting to have customers in physical locations, and perhaps after coronavirus, we can see that come to fruition.
What Can You Bet On Right Now in Tennessee?
- American Football
- Australian Rules
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey
- Motor Sports
- Rugby Union
- Virtual Sports
You’ll be able to bet on your favorite teams such as:
- Tennessee Titans
- Nashville Predators
- Memphis Grizzlies
- Volunteer State
- University of Tennessee
What Bets Are Available at Tennessee Sportsbooks?
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are the most common bets at all Tennessee sports betting sites. You’re essentially predicting who will win the game, fair and square. This is the foundation for all online sportsbooks.
- Over/Under: Over/Under bets are for when you’re unsure of who will win a particular match. You’re predicting how many points, goals, touchdowns, or runs there are in a game. Let’s say you’re betting on the Grizzlies vs. the Warriors, and you’re unsure of who will win; you can bet on how many points will be scored in the game, half or individual quarters instead.
- Point Spread: Point spreads are for when the basic moneyline is not valuable enough to bet on or for when you’re sure a team will win by x amount. You’re predicting how much a team will win by. This will look something like +-10.5. If you bet on +10.5, then the team has to stay within 10 points of the opposing team. If you bet on -10.5, then the team you bet on has to win by 11 or more.
- Futures: Futures bets are for the most patient bettors out there. If you have a strong inkling that a team will win a tournament or championship, you might want to make a bet on it! That’s what futures are for. Think the Tennessee Titans are going to win the Super Bowl? Make a bet on it, and good luck!
- Prop Bets: Props bets are the most versatile bet out there. It stands for proposition bet, and it’s basically all the nitty-gritty bets that aren’t mentioned above. How many home runs will a player get? How many yellow cards in a match? Those kinds of bets are called prop bets, and they’re all super fun and can be really lucrative.
- And many more!
Taking Advantage of Bonuses and Rewards
- Welcome Bonus: Welcome bonuses are the most basic but perhaps the most lucrative bonuses out there. To entice new customers to their online sportsbook, companies will provide you with a huge welcome package on your first deposit. This can vary from percentage cash back bonuses to free spins or free bets!
- Reload Bonus: A reload bonus is the welcome bonus’s younger sibling. Once you’ve deposited, sportsbooks have identified that a lot of people don’t deposit again, so to combat that, they’ve designed reload bonuses where you get additional bonuses on your second or third deposits.
- Free Bets: Free bets are the holy grail for all sports bettors. These are no-strings-attached free bets where you can bet on anything you want! If a sportsbook provides you with a lot of these, hold them close because these bonuses can be really valuable.
- Loyalty Schemes/VIP Programs: It’s rare to see loyalty schemes these days in the sports betting industry, but they can be fun to participate in. The more you play on a particular website, the more favor you gain in the loyalty scheme, and you can win prizes, free bets, etc.
Tennessee Sports Betting FAQ
Is Sports Betting Legal in Tennessee?
Yes! It’s fully legal as of Nov. 1, 2020. Enjoy all the legal sports betting you want if you’re a resident in the state.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Legally Bet in Tennessee?
As is the case federally in the United States, you’ll have to be 21 to start gambling legally.
Is It Legal To Bet On Tennessee Sports Teams?
Yes, of course! Once you’ve signed up to a sportsbook, you can bet on whatever team you want in whatever sport you want. The opportunities are endless.
Do I Have To Live in Tennessee To Bet Online?
If you want to bet on DraftKings, Fanduel, BetMGM, etc., then yes, you’ll have to be living in Tennessee to bet online. They do track your location, but a VPN could hypothetically get around that.
Is Mobile Sports Betting Available in Tennessee?
Yes, mobile sports betting is available in Tennessee, and if you enjoy sports wagering and live betting, mobile is the way to go!
Final Word on Tennessee Sports Betting
The legalization of Tennessee online sports betting is still in its infancy, so there are to be a lot of people still oblivious to the fact that they can even bet! The fact that revenues go to help the public education funding in the state is honorable and a great cause. It makes bettors feel like they’re doing a bit of good in the world and contributing to their local community.
This article is a great way for all TN sports betting customers to get all the details they need to know so they can have a comfortable betting experience. Watch your favorite teams while betting on them. Make some great pocket money for yourself and have fun! Check out our recommended sportsbooks to get started.