- Experienced, reputable bookie
- Competitive odds
- Great welcome bonus
- Not available to U.S. players
- Low betting limits for live betting
Overview Of Bodog
Bodog is a betting site and casino that’s available to Canadian, Indian, and some European gamblers. It’s not available to U.S. players (if you’re from America, you can read our other sportsbook reviews here).
Bodog has been around since 1994 and has its headquarters in Antigua and Barbuda. It’s technically an offshore gambling site that uses BetSoft & Realtime Gaming software. Over the years, its reputation has grown so that it’s now an established and well-trusted brand, and while U.S. gamblers are technically allowed to create poker accounts, they cannot place a sports bet.
Things To Consider Before Signing Up
Before you sign up for any betting site and online casino, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Sign up bonus – Most betting sites (especially those that are aimed at recreational players) offer a welcome bonus. This is usually a match deposit offer that’s only available to new players. However, what you need to pay close attention to are the terms and conditions.
- Bonuses and promotions – Alongside the welcome bonus, sportsbooks offer subsequent bonuses and promotions, such as free bets. If you don’t have a large bankroll and typically gamble for fun, make sure a sportsbook offers a good amount of tasty promos before you sign up.
- User interface – The last thing you want is to join a sportsbook that’s hard to navigate. Ideally, you should take a good look at a sports betting site to make sure the user interface is clean, neatly organized, and that the website loads quickly (this is necessary for in-play betting action).
- Sports variety – Sports variety is an indication of how professional a betting site is. The more sports that are offered, the more reputable the sportsbook tends to be.
- Odds and lines – Competitive odds are the name of the day if you’re going to maximize your profits. Compare odds offered at one site versus those offered at another to ensure you’re getting the best possible value.
- Online casino – Most sportsbooks offer an online casino too, but some treat theirs as an afterthought. If you know you’ll be playing table games as well as betting on sports, browse the casino before signing up to make sure it has a good selection of games, as well as a good welcome bonus.
- eSports – eSports are growing in popularity, but not all sportsbooks offer them yet. If you enjoy betting on eSports, this is something else to consider
Bodog Sportsbook Broken Down: What’s It Got?
Sports You Can Bet On
Unusually for a betting site, Bodog divides their sports offering into two separate lists:
- Standard betting options
- Featured betting options
What’s the difference?
The standard betting lines list all the sports you can bet on at the moment, while the featured betting lines offer the sporting events you can bet on at that particular moment (such as the U.S. Open in golf or the French Open in tennis).
I like this way of doing things as it gives you easier and quicker access to the events you want to bet on. Instead of – for example – popping into the “tennis” section to find a major tennis event, you can instead just access it with one click.
Other than that, the amount of sports you can bet on at Bodog is in line with the amount offered by all the top sites. All the major sports here, such as football, soccer, and basketball, and there are many niche sports on offer, including boxing, snooker, and darts.
Here is a full rundown of the sports you can bet on:
- Motor Sports
- Rugby Union
- Rugby League
- Horse racing
If you can’t see your preferred sports listed, you could click on “Other Sports” to see if it’s there.
Live betting is standard at all the top betting sites these days, but it’s an area where Bodog excels.
Recently, the Bodog website was given an upgrade, and it’s improved the in-play experience hugely. To access live betting, you just need to click on the big “Live” icon on the homepage, which will take you to all the games that are currently available to bet on live across all sports.
Here, you will find more markets than ever at Bodog, a site that now goes beyond mere money lines, totals, and adjusted sides bets. You can now bet on pretty much anything, and everything as the game goes along, including lots of team and player props that are updated by the minute.
Bodog also offers key in-play statistics to help you place better, more informed bets, while the sheer number of lines and odds offered across all sports will please the more discerning sports bettor. For example, as well as covering all the major soccer leagues, Bodog offers in-play opportunities on more obscure leagues, such as the Finnish league.
However, Bodog places tight wagering limits on live betting – for example, you can’t wager more than $100.
eSports are available to bet on at Bodog. All the popular games are here, such as Dota, League of Legends, Overwatch, and CS:GO. You’ll also find lots of tournaments and events here, too, with Bodog offering various Counter-Strike tournaments in particular. If you enjoy betting on Counter-Strike, this is definitely the place to bet.
That said, unless you bet on the major games and tournaments, there isn’t too much else by way of eSports here.
Also, it’s worth noting that actually navigating your way to the eSports section takes a few clicks and should be easier.
Like all the best sportsbooks, Bodog offers an online casino. Unlike many betting sites, however, Bodog groups its casino and sportsbook under the same roof. In other words, it uses the same software, and this means you don’t need to create a separate account. You can instead just flip flop between the sportsbook and the casino with ease.
Another thing that really stands out about Bodog’s casino is how unique it looks. By purchasing the source code for RTG’s casino games, Bodog’s designers were able to customize them – and make them better. This ensures a unique arsenal of casino games that you won’t find elsewhere.
In terms of its games, Bodog’s casino offers ten different versions of blackjack. These include the standard blackjack casino card game, double-deck blackjack, and perfect pairs. There are also hundreds of slots, including titles like Zombies vs. Cheerleaders and Bank On It, as well as 3D slots, such as Heist and At The Movies.
Bodog’s casino hosts specialty games as well, including bingo games and table games like American Roulette, Baccarat, and Craps.
Bodog Poker is an extremely popular section of the site and probably rivals the sportsbook when it comes to traffic. This is most likely down to the fact that, while U.S. players can’t sign up to the sportsbook, they can sign up to Bodog Poker.
How come? It’s down to a rather complicated loophole. But rest assured, if you’re a U.S. player, it’s not illegal to sign up to the Bodog Poker room.
Traffic is good at the Bodog Poker room, and it ranks in the top 5 for U.S. poker sites in terms of traffic. That said, player quality isn’t always high because many inexperienced customers pop over from the Bodog sportsbook. This sort of thing can frustrate pro poker players, although – on the whole – player quality varies.
There is a good selection of poker games available, and titles include Omaha hi-lo, Seven Card Stud, Omaha, and Texas Hold’em. All games are available as either No Limit or Limit games, but most players agree that Bodog Poker isn’t really aimed at high rollers.
Tournaments are good, though, and there’s always something going on, even if the tournament pool is fairly small.
Mobile betting is on the up and up, with all the major bookies offering a mobile experience.
Bodog offers one too, and their mobile offering is one of the best around. The Bodog mobile site is responsive and has been fully optimized for Android and iOS, and there is absolutely no difference in terms of efficiency and quality between the desktop and mobile versions of the site.
Moreover, you don’t need to download and install a mobile app in order to access Bodog on your mobile device. All you need to do is visit the URL and use your usual login details. And because there are no annoying ads, the site loads quickly.
As well as a sportsbook and an online casino, Bodog also offers a racebook. Again, this comes under the same roof as the sportsbook and casino, which means you don’t need to create a separate account. This is especially ideal if you’re not the best at remembering passwords.
The racebook offers a wide selection of racetracks from around the world, there are lots of promos and specials on offer, and you can also bet on virtual horse races too.
Deposit Methods & Withdrawals
Unfortunately, information for payments and withdrawals is sparse on the Bodog website, so I can only run with my own experience here. All deposits that I placed were made instantly, while withdrawals typically took between 24 hours and five days to process. That’s about average for a sports betting site.
That said, there aren’t actually many banking options available here. According to the site itself, there are just five:
- Check by Courier
- Direct bank transfer
- Credit cards
This means eWallets such as PayPal and Neteller aren’t available. If you want a quicker withdrawal, your best bet is to use Bitcoin if you can, as BTC withdrawals are typically processed in 48 hours or less every time. That said, this is still slower than at most sports betting sites.
Another thing that will frustrate some of you is that Bodog doesn’t give away their fees. So you’ll never really know how much it will cost to make a withdrawal via – for example – credit card unless you give it a go.
Of course, customer service is a really important consideration whenever we sign up for a sports betting site. At Bodog, customer service is definitely decent.
For one thing, there’s a huge FAQ section that seeks to answer the most popular questions on topics such as betting restrictions, bonus terms and conditions, games, limits, banking options, and so on. I suggest that you check here first before going to customer support with your query.
If you do need to contact Bodog customer support, your options are limited to email and telephone support. Both are good options, and they’ll get back to you within 24 hours if no one is immediately available to take your call.
However, it’s still slightly disappointing that the option of live chat isn’t available here. This will almost certainly disappoint those customers who want fast answers to any issues they have.
Bonuses and Promotions
Like all sports betting sites, Bodog has a number of bonuses and promotions that are aimed at new players and existing players alike. In fact, I’d go as far as saying that Bodog runs more promos than any other sportsbook I’ve seen. This is especially ideal for recreational gamblers who typically don’t place big stakes.
Also, Bodog has its very own bonus page, which is really well maintained and designed. Whenever you want to hear about the latest offers, just go here. Make sure to always read the terms and conditions before grabbing any offer.
Here’s a rundown of some of the current bonuses available:
- Sign up bonus – New players are entitled to a 100$ match deposit bonus up to $200 when they make their first deposit. This is a good deal and competitive with what’s on offer at rival sites.
- Casino welcome bonus – When you make your first bet at the Bodog casino, the site gives you the chance to make as much as $600. This is split into two bonuses, with one offered for slots and the other for casino games.
- Poker welcome bonus – As mentioned, Bodog Poker requires a separate login to the sportsbook and casino. New players who make the first deposit can grab a 100% match deposit welcome bonus up to $1000.
- Refer-a-friend bonus – The refer-a-friend bonus gives you and your friend the chance to grab a 200% deposit bonus if your friend signs up using the link you give them and then goes onto make a $20 (or more) first deposit.
- Racebook rebates – Each Tuesday, Bodog lets you earn a 5% rebate on losing bets. Which types of bets this bonus is eligible for will be stated in the terms and conditions.
What Are Others Saying About Bodog?
For the sake of balance, fairness, and transparency, I like to take a look at what other customers are saying about the sports betting sites I review.
Bodog is concerned that customers are generally pleased with the site overall, although some have experienced customer service issues.
Bodog FAQ: Your Questions Answered
Is Bodog Safe?
Yes. Bodog has been serving customers since 1994 and is 100% safe, secure, and legit.
Does Bodog Have Betting Limits?
Yes. For in-play bets, you can’t wager more than $100. This is very low compared to rival sites, and it will certainly frustrate pro gamblers.
Does Bodog Have A Mobile App?
No. You can access the Bodog website via your mobile device, but there is no app to download and install.
Is Live Chat Available?
Unfortunately not. Telephone and email support are the only customer service options.
Bodog Sportsbook Review: Final Verdict
Online gambling is always more fun when you sign up for the right site. Hopefully, my Bodog review will help you make a better decision regarding whether this is the one for you.
With good live betting action, tasty bonuses, and lots of sports variety, it’s ideal for the recreational bettor, but pro gamblers may be better suited elsewhere thanks to the fact that Bodog has a tendency to limit stakes.
Specification: Bodog Sportsbook Review: Odds, Casino & More
South African Rand, USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, Bitcoin
English, Portuguese, Spanish