Montana Sports Betting: Everything You Need To Know
Although Montana doesn’t have a bustling professional sports industry, the state’s governors and lawmakers identified that sports betting and gambling in the state could be beneficial if they invest the revenues into other ventures such as public education.
This creates a win-win situation, as gamblers can wager hassle-free, and the government can generate funds for important public infrastructure projects and the such.
This article will give you all you need to know if you’re a beginner at sports betting. Find out which sportsbooks we recommend, a step-by-step guide on how to start betting, and a breakdown of all the features on an online sportsbook.
Online Sports Betting in Montana
How Online Sports Betting Works in Montana
How To Bet On Sports
- Take a look at our recommended sportsbooks and pick the one you like
- Sign up and make sure your account is fully verified before you deposit
- Make your first deposit and apply the welcome bonus
- Browse the selection of sports and competitions on the sportsbook
- Check to see if the odds for your bet are valuable or not
- Enter the amount you want to stake in your bet slip
- Place your bet and enjoy the game!
Which Montana Casinos Have Sportsbooks?
As of yet, there isn’t a fully operational physical sportsbook. However, all the main casinos in Montana are awaiting licenses from the Montana Lottery. Once these licenses are in place, legal sports betting will become mainstream in the state, and you’ll be able to bet either online or in physical locations freely. Keep an eye out on these casinos:
- Silver Wolf Casino
- Gray Wolf Casino
- Kwataqnuk Casino
- Montana Nugget
- Lucky Lil’s Casino
- Fort Belknap Casino
- Magic Diamond Casino
- Charging Horse Casino
- Northern Winz Casino
What Can You Bet On Right Now in Montana?
- American Football
- Australian Rules
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey
- Motor Sports
- Rugby Union
- Virtual Sports
What Bets Are Available at Montana Sportsbooks?
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are the most basic foundation for all online sportsbooks. These bets are basically you predicting who will win a match or not. Sometimes these bets can be quite inefficient to bet on as the odds may be quite bad if the team is a heavy favorite.
- Over/Under: Over/Under bets are more for when you’re unsure which team will win a particular match. These bets are you predicting how many points, goals, downs, runs, etc., will be in a match. Usually, the odds for these bets are 50/50, so they can be much more valuable than moneyline bets depending on the situation.
- Point Spread: Point spread bets are typically for when you know who’s going to win and want better odds. For example, let’s say the Lakers vs. Bulls have a +-10.5 point spread. This means that if the Lakers are the favorite, they’d have to win by 11 or more (-10.5), and if you bet on the Bulls, they’d have to be within 10 points (+10.5) of the Lakers.
- Prop Bets: Prop bets are for almost everything else. There’s such a huge variety of prop bets out there that it’d be impossible to list them all. If you think LeBron James will score a triple-double, there’s a prop bet for that. If you think there’s going to be 5 yellow cards in a match, there’s a prop bet for that too.
Taking Advantage of Bonuses and Rewards
- Welcome Bonus: Welcome bonuses are the most lucrative and rewarding bonuses on online sportsbooks, as they are used to entice new customers to stay loyal to a website. Welcome bonuses are extremely diverse, and no one sportsbook will have the same bonus, so if bonuses are important to you, it is important to pick the sportsbooks with the most lucrative welcome bonus.
- Reload Bonus: Reload bonuses are to keep the customer loyal to the website. There is a bunch of competition out there on the Internet, so sportsbooks need to constantly innovate and keep customers on their website. Reload bonuses can look like a 50% reload up to $100 on your second and third deposits. This ensures that your account balance can continue to look inflated, which gives you more room to make bets.
- And many more!
Montana Sports Betting FAQ
Is Sports Betting Legal in Montana?
Yes! Sports betting in the state of Montana is 100% legal, and all residents of legal age are welcome to join in.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Legally Bet in Montana?
Montana follows federal guidelines when it comes to the age of permitting gambling, so you’ll have to be 21 and over.
Is There a Way to Bet on Montana Teams?
Although there aren’t many, if any, professional sports teams in Montana, if you find a college team or otherwise on online sportsbooks, you’ll be free to bet on them.
Final Word on Montana Sports Betting
If you’re a resident, sports betting in Montana is easy and fun. You can bet on all the major American sports like the NFL, NBA, NHL, etc., in the comfort of your own home or in any physical casino when they get the appropriate licenses.
Mobile and online betting are great, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, as it allows gamblers to stay entertained at home. Just make sure you gamble responsibly always!