Arizona Sports Betting
Arizona is a beautiful state with a rapidly growing population and increasing urbanization with a combination of dazzling natural landmarks. During the times of coronavirus, it’s important that citizens have a form of entertainment to get them through hard times in quarantine or lockdown. This is why sports betting can be so beneficial to have legalized.
It’s unfortunate that the state of Arizona is yet to legalize sports betting, but that’s not to say they’re not trying. Indeed, senators and governors are currently working on two bills that have Arizonans hoping they can bet on sports legally and in peace.
This article will go in-depth about what legal roadblocks are stopping Arizona from legalizing sports betting and it will give residents all they need to know when it does eventually become legal. Here, you can find all the necessary sportsbooks, casinos, and bonuses to get you prepared.
Online Sports Betting in Arizona
Currently, betting in the state is not legal, however, there are ways you can work around that. If you really must, you can use a VPN to access these websites below.
How Online Sports Betting Works in Arizona
Will Arizona Sports Betting Ever Launch?
There is a lot of talk on the senate floor about legalizing sports betting not only in Arizona but in many states. Unfortunately, the status of the bills that have been proposed doesn’t look good as there is a lot of resistance from tribes as the bill reflects poorly on their business.
Ultimately, it would be beneficial if Arizona follows the same guideline a lot of other states follow where the Arizona Department of Gaming would allocate revenue gained from gambling into public education. This would certainly put a positive tint to the bill, and we could perhaps see the state approve it.
If any of this were to happen, expect serious movement in late 2021 to early 2022.
How To Bet On Sports
Although it’s not necessarily legal to bet on sports in Arizona, there are loopholes around it. In this case, it’s important for any new users to feel acquainted with online sports betting.
- Create a free account at any of our recommended sportsbooks, or choose the one you feel comfortable with
- Make sure all verification processes are completed, as you won’t be able to deposit unless you have
- Make your first deposit with the welcome bonus applied
- Browse the selection of sports they have on offer and select what you want to bet on
- Check the odds to make sure they’re worth betting on
- Enter the amount you want to stake
- Place your bet and hope for the best!
What Can You Bet On Right Now in Arizona?
- American Football
- Australian Rules
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey
- Motor Sports
- Rugby Union
- Virtual Sports
Bet on your favorite teams such as:
- Phoenix Suns
- Arizona State
- Grand Canyon State
- Arizona Coyotes
What Bets Are Available at Arizona Sportsbooks?
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are the basic foundation of online sports betting. With this bet, you’re essentially predicting who will win the game outright. For certain sports like soccer, you’ll have the option to bet on a draw as well.
- Over/Under: Over/Under can be more beneficial in certain situations like when you’re unsure which team will win. Over/under bets are predictions based on the total number of points, goals, runs, or downs there are in a game. For example, a lot of the time, college basketball games are very volatile, so perhaps it would be more efficient to bet on over/under.
- Point Spread: Point spread bets are for when you’re a bit more confident in the result of a game. This can be a good market to bet on when there’s a heavy favorite involved in a match. If the Phoenix Suns are heavy favorites against the Charlotte Hornets and betting on the moneyline is not valuable enough, then you can go for a point spread bet. This may look something like +-5.5. If you bet on -5.5, the team would have to win by 6 points or more. If you bet on +5.5, the team has to stay within 5 points of the other team.
- Individual Props: Individual prop bets are the most versatile and perhaps the most fun out there. These can include anything from individual goals, home runs, corners in a match, yellow cards, the list is endless! These can be really lucrative as well as extremely fun.
Taking Advantage of Bonuses and Rewards
- Welcome Bonus: Welcome bonuses are offers to entice new users to sign up for a website. Every online casino should have it! They’re an awesome way to boost your account balance when you first sign up.
- Reload Bonus: A reload bonus is to keep you depositing on a specific sportsbook. This can look something like a 50% reload bonus on your second and third deposit up to $100.
- Free Bets: Free bets are the holy grail of all sports bettors! If a sportsbook provides you with free bets then hold them close, as it’s getting increasingly rare to find a sportsbook that hands out free bets.
Arizona Sports Betting Laws
There are currently two bills discussed on the Senate floor when it comes to sports betting legislation.
- HB 2813: HB 2813 is sponsored by Senator Sonny Borrelli (R) and proposes the approval of sports betting in retail locations, not online. Many tribal casinos do not support this bill, however, as it is very restrictive and requires permission from the state of Arizona in order to get a license to allow sports betting at a casino.
- SB 1525: This is similar to HB 2813, in the fact that it’s sponsored by all the same individuals as the former. The difference here is that an iteration of this bill was proposed years ago and was rejected and experts believe this bill will meet the same fate.
In terms of mobile and online sports betting, it doesn’t seem like there will be a comprehensive sports betting bill making a serious run on the House floor at least until a good portion of 2021 has passed. This can be worrisome for Arizonans, but there are indeed loopholes you can go through to access sportsbooks.
Arizona Sports Betting FAQ
Is Sports Betting Legal in Arizona?
Unfortunately, no, it is not. It’s hard to give a prediction on when it may become legal as well, as talks have stalled, and no progress is being made.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Legally Bet in Arizona?
You will have to be the federally recognized gambling age of 21 to participate in sports betting in Arizona.
Is There a Way to Bet on Arizona Teams?
If you accept the risk, then you can use a VPN to sign up and use an online sportsbook. Although we don’t necessarily recommend it, millions of Americans currently do it for their gambling needs.
Final Word on Arizona Sports Betting
It can be frustrating to wait for progress to be made when it comes to whether or not sports betting will be allowed. News can be slow, and the wait can be grueling. Year after year, it seems like a new push to legalize online betting comes along only to be quashed. If there can be a resolution between tribes, tribal casinos, the Arizona Department of Gaming, and the state, then maybe real progress can be made.
In the meantime, we hope this article helps you prepare, and if you did use the work-around, we hope the recommended sportsbooks serve you well!