- Very good for soccer betting
- Excellent user interface
- Only available in 3 states
Overview of SugarHouse Sportsbook
SugarHouse sportsbook is PlaySugarHouse online casino’s sports betting arm. It’s available to sports bettors in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and because it’s run by the same company that controls 888Sport and DraftKings, the odds and lines are competitive.
The sportsbook is pretty much brand new, too, and launched in the summer of 2020 after a brief live testing period. Watch this space, though – despite being brand new, it’s widely expected that a name change will occur ASAP.
It’s also worth pointing out that while the SugarHouse sportsbook is still a young pup in the online sports betting world, SugarHouse online casino has been in operation for several years. As a result, you can expect a smooth, professional, and hassle-free gambling experience.
Things To Consider Before Signing Up
Before you sign up to any sportsbook, you must have ticked off a checklist of things it needs to have:
- Welcome offer – An excellent welcome offer is a reason many of us sign up for a sportsbook in the first place. Welcome offers vary from sportsbook to sportsbook, but the best ones offer you the chance to place your first bet risk-free.
- Sports variety – A good welcome offer will only get you so far. When weighing up your next sportsbook, make sure it’s good enough sports variety to keep you entertained.
- Payment options – Some people sign up to a sportsbook without first checking to see if it’s got their preferred payment method. This is a rookie mistake. Also, make sure that it’s got your preferred deposit and withdrawal methods, too.
- Online casino – One thing SugarHouse certainly does well is it has a sportsbook and an online casino. If you’re the type of sports bettor who wants to switch between the two, you’ll want to sign up for a sportsbook with an excellent casino.
- User interface – The user interface is all about how easy (or difficult) it is to find the bets we want to place. If the user interface is too complicated, it can slow you down (vital if you’re doing live betting)
SugarHouse Sportsbook Broken Down: What’s It Got?
Sports You Can Bet On
SugarHouse offers a huge variety of sports you can bet on, including all the major ones and a number of more niche ones.
The sportsbook lists all their available sports to the left of the screen, and – rather handily – each sport has a number attached to it, which is the number of sporting events you can bet on at any one time within that sport.
To give you an idea of the huge amount of markets, events and lines offered by SugarHouse, there are currently 29,112 different sporting events being offered for “soccer.” That’s amazing,is and this will be ideal for bettors who love variety. You can even bet on Andorran soccer!
It’s also worth mentioning that SugarHouse does soccer better than any other U.S.-based sportsbook that I’ve come across.
Here is a complete list of the sports on offer at SugarHouse:
- Australian rules Football
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
SugarHouse is so dedicated to live betting that a “Live Right Now” section dominates the homepage when you first arrive on it.
Pleasingly, there are multiple lines offered for various live sporting events, and most events are accompanied by an in-play, up-to-date graphic that allows you to keep up with the action. For example, as soon as there is a yellow card in a soccer game, SugarHouse updates you.
Odds are updated very quickly as the clock ticks down, and SugarHouse is exceptionally quick to react whenever there’s a significant incident, such as a goal. Their odds, meanwhile, are very competitive.
To further enhance the live betting experience, the SugarHouse sportsbook has a separate “Live Streaming” tab to the left of the screen. This lets you see at a glance which in-play games you can currently watch live. The selection is comprehensive, and you’ll be surprised at some of the games SugarHouse cover with streaming. For example, you can stream live Swedish soccer matches straight from the SugarHouse website or app!
SugarHouse’s casino predates their sportsbook. It’s been around for a few years and boasts numerous gaming filters, world-class software providers, and mobile-friendly design (for the app version). It’s regulated and fully licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Like the sportsbook, the casino is only available in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Game types include slot games, live dealer games roulette games, and all the popular table games, including blackjack.
Popular games at the SugarHouse casino include:
- Quick Hit Platinum
- Miss Kitty
- Family Guy
- Wheel of Fortune Triple Extreme
- Blackjack (there are 6 different varieties here!)
- 3 Wheel Roulette
SugarHouse casino free play is available when you first sign up (with restrictions).
Poker is available at SugarHouse’s casino. Video poker is especially popular with gamblers here. This is mostly down to the fact that SugarHouse constantly updates their database so that their games are modern, slick, and professional.
Video poker games include Deuces Wild, Five Play, Tripple Play, and eleven more. It’s accessible on all platforms, including desktop and mobile.
eSports isn’t available at SugarHouse, which is a tad disappointing when you consider that many of the U.S.’s top sportsbooks offer them. There is also no indication that SugarHouse is planning to add eSports to their repertoire anytime soon.
SugarHouse’s user interface gets the thumbs up from now. Bettors will enjoy its fuss-free, intuitive layout where everything – from sports to streaming options – is just one click away on the homepage. The site and app is neatly organized, and it shouldn’t be long before you know exactly where everything is. Moreover, the Sugar House pa website is precisely the same as the NJ one.
I also like that there is a tab to the left of the screen called “My Bet History,” which allows you to look at all your previous bets at a glance. This is especially useful for bettors who like to monitor their wins and losses and find patterns.
There’s also a “Starting Soon” tab that is ideal for those who are just getting ready for a night of sports betting.
Bonuses and Promotions at SugarHouse Sportsbook
- Welcome bonus – When you make your first deposit, SugarHouse currently promises to match it 100%. Your first deposit can be anything from $10 to $250, which is an outstanding deal.
- Free daily bingo games – Each day, SugarHouse gives you the chance to play their Bonus Bingo game risk-free to win real money.
- VIP Program – Like all good sportsbooks, SugarHouse has its very own VIP program. It has a separate one for New Jersey and Pennsylvania residents, and both give you the chance to stack up loyalty points that you can then redeem in the form of free bets or cash. Other perks are on offer, too, including exclusive “luxurious” gifts.
- Specials – Now and then, SugarHouse offers bettors sports specials. These change all the time. Currently, you can grab free bets on the MLB’s opening weekend. SugarHouse advertises their specials all the time on social media, so it’s worth following them alone.
- Refer a friend – Each time you refer a friend to SugarHouse, and they sign up via the link you sent them, you’re entitled to $50.
What Are Others Saying About SugarHouse?
For the sake of balance, I like to look at what other users are saying about the sportsbooks I review. In general, Sugar House reviews are positive. Many are particularly pleased with the soccer betting options, while fast payouts and withdrawal times are also praised.
SugarHouse FAQ: Your Questions Answered
Where Is SugarHouse Sportsbook Legal?
SugarHouse sportsbook is only legal in three states: New Jersey, Indiana,, and Pennsylvania. To make sure you don’t end up in the wrong version of the website, SugarHouse asks you on its homepage which state you’re in.
What Payment Options Are There?
There are multiple payment options at SugarHouse, including bank transfer, cash (Cash at Cage), e-wallets (PayPal and Neteller), Visa, MasterCard, PayNearMe, and check by mail.
Is There a Minimum Deposit?
The minimum deposit is $10. There is no minimum withdrawal.
Are There Betting Limits?
You can’t deposit more than $500 per day or $10,000 per 30 days. How much you bet, that’s initially up to you, but SugarHouse might restrict you if they have a good reason.
Final Verdict On SugarHouse Sportsbook
Thanks for reading my SugarHouse review. I hope you’re now in a better position to decide whether it’s the sportsbook for you!
SugarHouse certainly has a strong reputation on its site. It’s one of the best I’ve seen when it comes to user-friendliness, in-play betting, and especially soccer betting. If all this sounds just the ticket for you, the next step is to create an account, grab the welcome bonus – and start having fun.
Specification: SugarHouse Sportsbook Review 2020: Pros, Cons & Key Features