- Perfect for soccer betting
- Excellent user interface
- Bonuses and promos galore
- No eSports
- Not the best casino
Overview of BetAmerica Sportsbook
BetAmerica sportsbook is a fully-licensed, 100% legal sportsbook available to residents in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. There’s also a racebook available in most U.S. states, as well as a BetAmerica casino that’s available in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
BetAmerica, as a gambling brand, was established in 2008 and has gone from strength to strength over the years. However, its sportsbook was only launched as recently as 2019 to coincide with the legalization of sports betting in more U.S. states.
Operated by SBTech and Churchill Downs, it’s available as a mobile app or via your desktop, and there are also land-based sportsbooks in operation.
Things To Consider Before Signing Up
Before you sign up for any sportsbook (and not just BetAmerica), you must consider a number of things. Such as:
- Welcome bonus – The welcome bonus is a huge part of what makes a sportsbook so attractive. It’s available to new players only, and it typically consists of an offer on the part of the sportsbook to match your deposit. For example, a 100% match deposit bonus means that if you deposit $10, you’ll get an extra $100 risk-free to play around with.
More rarely, a sportsbook will offer a no-deposit free bet. Look out for casino welcome bonuses, too.
- Sports variety – Most sports bettors prefer to stick to the major sports like baseball, football, and basketball. However, the best sportsbooks offer a wide range of sports to bet on so that, if you ever get bored of your usual sports, or if it’s the off-season or late at night, there’s still always something to bet on in some part of the world.
- Payment options – Sports bettors always prefer to bet at a sportsbook that has their preferred payment method. It just adds an extra layer of trust. Make sure to check both deposit and withdrawal payment options before signing up.
- Casino – Most sportsbooks (including BetAmerica) also have a link on their site to their casino. An online casino is especially ideal for those who love casino games, but it also gives you a chance to mix things up whenever you’re perhaps not having the best of luck in the sportsbook.
- Trustworthiness – Perhaps the most critical factor to consider is a sportsbook’s trustworthiness. You can usually find this out by looking at other customer reviews. The more reputable a site is, the safer and secure your details will be. Also, a high trustworthiness rating guarantees you’ll be able to collect your winnings.
- User interface – A sportsbooks user interface can make or break out experience. What you should look for is a website that looks tidy, neatly organized and displays where everything is. An excellent user interface is particularly useful when you have seconds to place a bet.
BetAmerica Broken Down: What’s It Got?
BetAmerica covers a decent amount of sports. But while it’s got all the major sports – such as baseball and football – it doesn’t cover as many niche sports as many of its rivals.
That said, it caters to sports bettors who enjoy watching and betting on international sports, such as soccer and Aussie Rules. There is a solid enough selection to keep most recreational sports bettors happy.
Here is a complete list of all the sports you can bet on at BetAmerica:
- Motor Racing
- Aussie Rules
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
Live betting is available at BetAmerica. All live games are easy to find – you just need to click the “Live” tab in the center of the homepage.
BetAmerica’s live betting selection is good, especially when compared to rivals. Live betting is available for most sports, and their odds are updated super fast. There are also a good amount of lines available for sport and game. For example, in live baseball games, you can bet on all kinds of lines, from “to win by x amount of runs” to over or underruns.
The only downside is that live streaming isn’t widely available for most games. On the flip side to this, BetAmerica keeps you in the loop with what’s happening on each game via up-to-the-second graphics that cover all the major (and minor) incidents. Here is an example from a live baseball game:
Meanwhile, for other sports, such as basketball, BetAmerica provides you with a graphic representation of what’s occurring on court. For example, if the Lakers have possession, or have just won a free throw, the graphic will let you know. This helps you decide what bets you should (or should not) place next as it gives you an idea of how the game is going.
It’s also worth mentioning that BetAmerica offers a free statistical interface that helps you make better informed in-play bets. Here, you will be able to check out a team’s recent results, head-to-head record, and so on. This will especially suit bettors who take their sports betting very seriously.
Unfortunately, eSports doesn’t seem to be available at BetAmerica at the time of writing. There also doesn’t appear to be any indication that it will be offered anytime soon.
BetAmerica has a separate horse racing site that you can reach by clicking on the tab at the top of the homepage. It came before the sportsbook and is where BetAmerica’s expertise lies.
Their racebook covers over 200 race tracks from around the world, and there are a massive amount of wagers on offer each week. Live streaming is available for many of the races, including those in far-off places, such as Sweden. Also offered via the racebook is greyhound racing.
Unlike the sportsbook, which is only available in 3 states, the racebook is available in multiple states:
- New York
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
The BetAmerica casino launched a few months after the sportsbook. However, while it’s legal in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, it isn’t yet legal in Indiana. This means that, while Indiana residents can access the BetAmerica sportsbook, they won’t be able to see the “casino” tab at the top of the page:
So what has the BetAmerica casino got?
It has over 350 slots (including Starburst and Cleopatra), 10 blackjack variations, 10 poker variations, 10 roulette variations, and 35 table games. There are also High Limit games specifically aimed at high rollers, as well as big jackpot games. Free spins are available, too.
Software providers include IGT, NetEnt, and Konami.
What stands out are the live dealer games. There are currently eleven tables at BetAmerica, each of which is operated by human dealers. The most eye-catching of these games is the roulette game that’s streamed directly from Atlantic City. Even when playing it online, you get the same kind of buzz you would if you were in Atlantic City for real.
Jackpot-wise, I’ve seen BetAmerica’s jackpots top $600,000 at times, which is undoubtedly life-changing for most gamblers. Overall, while BetAmerica’s casino isn’t the swankiest online casino I’ve ever seen, it’s neatly organized, and there’s a robust selection of games.
BetAmerica’a red, white and blue colors are super patriotic and get you in the mood straight away for watching and betting on sports. The user interface is well-organized, and everything is easy to find:
I especially like how they put “Today’s Games” front and center on their homepage, while a “Popular Bets” column to the left of the screen means you’re just one click away from taking a look at the hottest bets.
To find an A-Z list of sports, you just need to scroll down, while a “Live” tab in the center of the page takes you straight to the in-play action.
The fuss-free, intuitive design of the site deserves a big thumbs up.
BetAmerica offers multiple payment methods, including all the most popular ones:
- Green Dot MoneyPak
- Credit and debit card
Withdrawal times are generally good, though if you’re in a hurry to get your winnings, it’s advised that you use an e-wallet like Skrill. You can also collect your cash in-person at one of BetAmerica’s brick and mortar casino partnerships.
Live chat is available at BetAmerica. You can also email the customer support 24/7, but the telephone service is only available from 9 in the morning until 11 at night ET.
There’s also a comprehensive FAQ section on the website.
Bonuses and Promotions at BetAmerica
BetaAmerica fares well on the bonuses and promotions front. At the moment, new players are entitled to a $500 matched deposit bonus when they make their first deposit. This is a good deal and ranks competitively with rival sportsbooks.
As well as the welcome bonus, BetAmerica offers lots of fun promos that help to make your sports betting experience as fun and memorable as possible. These promos include:
- First Sports Bet Bonus – When you make your first sports bet, BetAmerica will treat you to a 100% match bonus worth up to $50.
- MultiSport Parlay Insurance – If you place a parlay of 5+ legs, BetAmerica will refund as much as $25 of your stake if you lose by just one leg.
- Goals Galore Casino Bonus – When you place a $50 (or more) bet on soccer, BetAmerica will credit your account with a casino bonus each time there’s a goal.
- Slot of the Week – Each week, you get the chance to bet $10 on BetAmerica’s Slot of the Week for the opportunity to win free spins.
- $2,500 Soccer Challenge – Earn points each time you place a $20 bet on soccer in selected leagues. The top 25 players, meanwhile, will each be entitled to a cash prize.
What Are Others Saying About BetAmerica?
For the sake of balance and fairness, I like to take a look at what others are saying about the sportsbooks I review. When it comes to BetAmerica, reviews are generally favorable, with users praising the sportsbook for its
BetAmerica FAQ: Your Questions Answered
Where Is BetAmerica Legal?
BetAmerica’s sportsbook is currently legal in New Jersey, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. The casino is licensed in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
How Fast Are Withdrawals?
It depends on which withdrawal method you use. eWallets take just a few hours to process your withdrawal, but bank transfer can take as many as 7 business days.
Are The Sportsbook and Racebook the Same Thing?
No. If you have a BetAmerica sportsbook account but wish to bet on a horse, you will need to create a separate racebook account.
Is There a Bet America App?
Yes. You can download the BetAmerica app for iOS or Android whenever you’re ready.
Are Fantasy Sports Offered?
Fantasy sports are not offered at BetAmerica, and neither is eSports.
Final Verdict On My BetAmerica Review
Thank you for reading my BetAmerica review.
BetAmerica is a fully licensed sportsbook available to New Jersey, Indiana, and Pennsylvania residents. It’s especially beneficial if you’re a soccer fan who loves a bit of soccer sports betting. Still, it’s also ideal for anyone who wants a fuss-free, user-friendly sports betting experience.
If you think this is the sportsbook for you, the next step is to place your first deposit and grab the welcome bonus!
Not convinced? Don’t forget to check out my other sportsbook reviews!
Specification: BetAmerica Sportsbook Review 2023: Pros, Cons & Key Features